India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Kerala by Kanak Mehra

I just want to share a piece of happiness I experienced when reading a great account written by my friend Kanak Mehra on his trip to Kerala. Kerala is a state in the south Indian, an ultimate divine as people say and increasingly growing tourist destination as statistics shows.

You might check out the text for at least two reasons, first one being loads of useful information on traveling in Kerala the account contains. However, there is the second and for me a way more sound reason to read it: the text is a way beyond any standard travelogue. This is a truly brilliant piece of writing. Concise language, rich vocabulary, great observations that many travelers could easily relate to - Kanak so easily finds the right words to describe this spirit of wandering and exploration, to describe the things and thoughts one inevitably comes across when traveling.

Enjoy! ;o).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This place is beautiful to planning a trip that you can easily make yours from Belgaum during your weekend. The place is perfect for planning a tour with a number of exciting activities.

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home