India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Russian restaurant in Delhi

one exists…once told about by Kanak who did not really enjoy the services (hei, Russian restaurant, what services?) and then shown by a French friend of Anya…”Bliny” came in to the scene. Joined Anya who was seeing off some friend she was travelling with recently. Russian restaurant was picked up as a venue. Located in a somewhat posh area of Delhi, but in a somewhat strange building… “Bliny” truly stands for its Russian name. Curtains at the entrance blown by working fans, white table clothes, well washed but with spots remained here and there, salt-cellars shaped as matreshka, Russian TV-channel broadcasting, and the arrogant Russian man (chalo, chalo, order, ok? we are closing in 45 minutes.) running the place. Home – no doubts. For some reason I did not eat, but I should confess – the food looked amazing and really authentically Russian. Our friends enjoyed it and I am happy as however keen I am on cooking I’d never cook a proper Russian meal for them here – e.g., getting meat turns into a whole big issue… and what is Russian cuisine without meat?

Off-topic – but still burning. Got my first ride on motorbike in India (in my life, to be more precise). As a passenger, of course. Very scared, I atill had great faith in Tribhuvan – it was him we went on a road trip with some time ago – you should see this guy driving his jeep as if it’s a compact Smart ;o). But back to the bike - was scared in the beginning, but as soon as managed to relax – truly enjoyed. Feeling of speed and great freedom. This is akin to flying, I believe… I start getting the point of motorcycling ;o) Not in Delhi, though - insane traffic... Came home with a layer of dust in my face, hair an clothes. But with whistling wind in my ears.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really love this one:

"hei, Russian restaurant, what services?"

wonder if this a double-trick kind of statement???

;-)

7:51 pm  
Blogger Olga Tikhonova said...

did not think of it this way ;o) but once I start thinking the trick appears even triple... u know better anyway, don't u? ;o)

11:40 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

usually i do, but in your case ... hm ...

6:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home