India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Friday, March 10, 2006

Catching up with myself

Opened the laptop - almost hugging my beloved baby that I had not chance to play with for such long while…already desperately typing….About the week it was…. Cannot stop… cannot stop…

Today summing up the working part of the week I derived not very cheerful conclusions. Stupid human nature: last week I was begging for one night off – so intense the social happening was. And then weekend trip in the short notice. On the contrary, this week was not that rich in happening… or happening was more quiet one and implied some more sleeping.. so I feel forgotten and abandoned already… Not before people start calling and texting – Friday night makes itself felt. Persistent “quiet night at home” on the question “What are you up to?”


…. How funny is that?... we are 5 chicks leaving on the upper floor and there is this apartment on the ground floor with 4 guys living there. Just got to meet them as they borrowed a key for the terrace from us. Invited them to come in, had small talk, exchanged phones. Guys left excited and full of impressions to discuss. …


I am so despaired of my time management or rather its non-existence. I keep complaining for the lack of time to do even basic things…. Plans and projects just pile up and there is no way to sort it out shortly. It even took me a week or so to read the long awaiting materials on time management by Gleb Arkhangelsky (www.improvement.ru). While I find American type self-help literature way too pathetic, Russian texts by Arkhangelsky are nicely written treasuries of time management tips, schemes, frameworks etc. Read the article on ambulance – that’s what I needed… The very fact of reading triggered my thinking. Just stop, take a deep breath and be honest with yourself and tell what is going on and why. The truth is I am trying to do so many things at the same time and therefore run out of time just because I am not sure what to do with my polyvalent (as one of the friends pointed out) aspirations – which once to pursue, which ones to drop. So I am enjoying this seemingly-going-for-all-at-the-same-time option, while I do not really do my job at the full capacity in any of them.

Read something that appears very logical now, but did not occur to me before…He goes like that (trying to translate nicely).

“… Uncertainty is convenient and pleasant. One can worry about everything and do not take any responsibility for anything. One cannot seat at two chairs at the same time – you’ll fall from both. So, you write down the options, analyze the circumstances and take decisions.”

As simple as that ;o)…. To add to my armoury. Today had a great day at work.. The whole morning devoted to fisheries paper – no mail checks, no sms, no minor activities, killing all the disturbing thoughts and intentions by writing them down and therefore by cleaning up my mind. After lunch continued a bit with the same paper. Internet was not working at all, so I finished my post on film festival, wrote another one for this dairy and edited the ones on Andhra wedding. Very organized, focused and with minor distractions. For one day was easy, but time to think of bigger priorities has come too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home