India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Family-kind-of-weekend

Was going on a weekend tip to Jaipur with Anya. Realized that Nivanthee is having birthday on Sunday, so decided to stay back to celebrate this occasion. For another reason I refused to join another group of people for Agra. Not mentioning numerous parties and meeting ups I’ve missed out since Friday night. Still – feels right, right, right! The weekend turned out very relaxed: no stressful schedule (so, time to sleep), time on my own (to update my journal etc) and still – not on my own (much time spend with Vishnu family at their house). All feels great!

Was watching videos from the wedding: so amazing to see all the people many of whom I thought I would never get to see again. Memories are still very fresh and the whole wedding is really an ultimate experience, the greatest of its kind so far in this country. In particular, watched dancing on both mehindi and reception nights. So much fun!!! Had no pictures as was dancing myself, so now the whole truth came out!!! Not bad!!!

The Bday party was a great fun.









Not without cultural insights, though ;o) Birthday cake is for eating, that’s what I though.



Until at 12 pm people started congratulating Nivanthee, shaking her hand, hugging and… smashing the cake on her face. Way to celebrate Bday in India. When is your birthday, Olga?- people asked. You people would never get to know, ok?...Too shortly coming.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home