India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Self-cleaning brain

I feel pain not being able to escape from the blockage of the rudiments of my not-more-valid life concepts, when a piling for a yet-to-be-built new life has hardly started either. The latest days in the office were spent in the meaningless for the external observer activities that made perfect sense to me. Surfing web, taking notes, readings, conversations with Kate, mailing friends – all to provide as many inputs to my inflamed mind as possible, to let them mingle, sharpen, refine and boil down to some decent outcome. I could not tolerate this mental process happening absolutely irrespective to my will and participation. And it looked like that night I would be pouring out the tons of my concerns on the one who has patiently carried out a mission of my mental ambulance for long by now.

Yet, before that I had to visit a police station and then a Hutch shop in Anzal Plaza to restore my lost sim-card. Lost sense of time and direction coupled with shopping gravitation made me stay in Anzal Plaza a bit longer. I was assessing how Benetton’s collections here in India are different from those in Europe. I was checking out designers’ wear (both western and ethnic) that costs about 10 times more expensive that that with more humble labels. I found out that I had lost everything that now-on-sale Lee and Levi’s jeans are supposed to accentuate. I was digging in Tatra Tshirt Shop and ended up with two very funky printed t-shirts touching emotions of anyone who stayed in India at least for some time.

Back to Mavia Nagar I stopped by the newly open, but already hopeless I-Way Internet café (as the other one I normally use is closed on Tuesdays). Half of the brand new headphones do not work and my request to install skype makes five of baysabs in the café put their minds together and take up this challenge. I think they just like to do it for me and delete it every time to do it for me next time I come. This time the café is packed anyways. Klaus got lucky – he would not hear my complaints that tend to rock in the amount and complexity the later in the night it gets…

At home cleaning and laundry helped me to let my mind be and I hardly noticed I had any at that time ;o) Simply went to bed… and woke up with no burdening thoughts. In fact, self-cleaning function of my brain exists…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home