India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Monday, July 24, 2006

In the epicentre of life

As talented as I can be I dropped my mobile in the toilet on the Aeroflot airplane. I did not even feel like landing not mentioning living this life any longer. What for, if you do not get a chance to receive all those welcome calls and messages from the friends who are so happy to receive you back in India?!

Yet, quite contrary to my thoughts, the life did not become less social. Mail, office phone and Kate around were just helpful in getting in touch with people. Otherwise some have been amazing reaching me in a number of ways that made me cry.

Even more astonishing, the latest weekend gloriously proved that even being out of touch you can still be in the epicentre of life. 4 terrific movies at the Osian’s Festival of Asian Cinema, two yummiest lunches at best joints with Piyali, hanging out in the environment of JNU and then DU, driving around North-West Delhi with a friend, mobile phone shopping, visiting a my first in India hypermarket from the backstage, and a tea with a friend’s family. Uf……. ;o)

Saturday night I dropped home in between of two arrangements. Some minutes of calm and peace were totally devoted to the indulging the quickly chopped fruit salad on my balcony and observing the packed neighbourhood of Malvia Nagar. The sky was full of small moving spots - kits sailed by the boys on the nearby roots. The houses got warm yellow and pink in colour surely anticipating the sunset. The doors and windows were kept open in a very laid-back manner that one can notice only in summer nights. People got on the balconies lazing themselves, chatting with the neighbours and just looking at the people and vehicles passing down on the street. Even when on your own in India you would never feel left out by the flow of life. Quite the opposite is the case, in fact – you feel exactly in its epicentre.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home