India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Thursday, July 20, 2006

End of summer

Tales about unbearable Indian summer are akin to those about severe Russian winter. Both sound ominously convincing and both prove to be a serious exaggeration. In fact, if you are to survive either you should simply come before it starts. You will obviously suffer the oppressive humidity of monsoon in India, its cold winter nights or burning summer heat with desert streets by day should you come right for that. Otherwise, however much horrified by the anticipation of the hard times you hardly notice when they come.

Hot summer so prematurely started in April seemed never-ending until one day I opened the tap and realized I cannot manage without a boiler any longer – the running water was unpleasantly cold. In principle, you continue sweating in monsoon – for a different reason, though – it is not hot, but very humid. So, you hardly notice how drastically the temperature fell down. And if not cold tap water – I would hardly realise the end of summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home