India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Sunday, March 26, 2006

My flat

Sunday is a perfect time to cherish you nesting instincts. As lazy and slow-pace as the end of the week can be this time really disposes to meditative settling your nest.

Despite hanging out at Kalkaji till 3 am and very troubled sleeping (there in Kalkaji too) woke up 8-30, had quick breakfast and took auto home, which all left a whole huge Sunday in my disposal. Nice bath, time for myself, breakfast with girls… As far as we have recently got washing machine from AIECES the time has come to do the major laundry. Even though the washing machine reminds me of “Sibir” my family used to have 18 years ago, our device is proudly named Samsung and looks rather decent. But turns exactly the case when name and appearance might be so misleading. The device handling requires manual intervention it requires immense enough to question the utility of the device as such: filling the washing tank with water and draining it, loading the washed clothes in the separate compartment for spinning. To my greatest astonishment, after 12 minutes of washing and 6 minutes of rinsing the clothes appears reasonably clean (I am not sure, however, whether it was a pure merit of Samsung or Daniela who was handling clothes more prudently than the washing machine or Karoline who was keeping an eye on it through the process and performing all the manual interventions.



But the exciting laundry, we cleaned the house. Daniela and Helen took care of the kitchen and the newly obtained (NB – not newly purchased, but newly obtained as we obviously inherited it from somewhere) - fridge.

I was doing the floors – measuring the area of our apartment by my knees and wondering if we should get a cleaning lady for all that… However hard and time consuming the joint effort was… there is virtually no feeling nicer then walking bare food in your spacious, light, warm, wind --- and clean apartment, grabbing chilled dahi (yogurt) from your big fridge and watch the trembling on the wind washed clothes hung on the balcony.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home