India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

In doubts

I remember some time ago I was discussing student life vs. work with someone. The person told me that while it is tricky with the studies as they take over all your time it’s great with work as you just leave it in the office when the working day is over and just head to some nice activities later. Hm…what a though, I am thinking now.

It’s not like I am having work at the office and life outside. Somehow I live in the office and I work outside. Because according to me the definition of work as something that prevents you from living is false. It enables your living – meaningful and happy one. After all, I wonder if I work now or I simply do what I like and enjoy it. What is the criterion of work, anyways?

Writing paper on work safety and seeking to figure out all the turns on the plot in it, trying to fit the reading material I’ve got and justify the time spent on the reading stuff that does not fit, feeling the burden of the loads of pics and notes from the wedding and so much more other material for the blog – pending, recalling the short novel I started in Russian some months ago and feeling like getting back to it now, sketching ideas of the research to pursue while in India and after, ideas about the ultimate job and tentative business plan for this undertaking, ideas on a bridge-blog on Russian women… on women in India…. on masculinity in cross-cultural context… Why am I so resourceful???? This triple trade-off – between part, present and future: reflecting on the past, embracing your present or picturing future. And then life – life itself that grabs me…. and tells me… you-live-me-girl… and it would not leave me alone until it makes sure I live…. and I do with all my heart, I do.


I am running after this guy with a worn through bag with some extra time in it – I am desperate to catch him, but never manage and the longer it takes the more of the extra time just flows out of the holes on his bag. No hope…

Last days in my current house – all of a sudden everyone seems so sweet and the need to move out goes away as such. We’ve got a new flatmate – Dutch guy, quick learner (already mastered the essentials of Russian - “You’ve got a nice but” , he says in Russian) and a match for our restless Columbian Juan-MI. Sweetheart Misha (Polish Michal) is throwing a farewell party tonight.

Last night Anya shared her idea about the movie she wants to shoot here. Simply terrific – people with golden ideas just walk in the streets and you’d never know unless they share. Wow, wow, wow!

Bas – lunchtime.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ja ja.. and we, Western people, we work until 16.00 and live after!!!!! :)Lena K

6:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the fact itself is not that bad but it's just impossible for me to involve my life into "Weekly Customer offtake report" which i am delivering at work... :) so I continue with my meaning of life search, and your blog helps me to stimulate my thinking, blocked by "weekly offtake report" :) L

7:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

busy girl, ha?

truly amazing ...

7:25 pm  
Blogger Olga Tikhonova said...

the last one looks like me myself commenting on my own post - style, vocabulary...even handwriting matches... if I had inet at home I would have suspect myself in sleep-walking ;o)

2:48 pm  
Blogger Olga Tikhonova said...

Lena-Lena, spasibo - I am inspired to think I inspire you to think... we are all here in ths life to inspire each other after all ;o)

3:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

;o)

4:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home