India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Getting back is never easy

I wonder if I ever get back to the Western Europe without trouble... Western people here piss me off ;o) Indian experience really puts my stay in Norway Europe into perspective… and it seems I truly start appreciate my home country – Russia – for its position in-between. Someone pointed out: “West is West, East is East ands they never come together”.… well, seems they strangely do in Russia.


Got home around 11 pm and found our house full of people. Great I got to speak to Kanak before so he told me about the party my room-mates are making. At least was mentally prepared. Tender hugs with Anya (who had been missing me for way too long ;o), Michal (whom Anya blandly calls “Misha” on a Russian manner), Hannes and Kanak. The rest – beloved flat-mates and the whole new crowd to meet. I cannot believe I am here among foreigners after 7 days being the only non-Indian for miles around. Mind-blowing change. Anya suggested we play some Russian songs and we really kicked off the dancing … No shower for 2 days on the train, major sleeping and resting plans…. Instead – talks with friends and new people, cold shower with soap borrowed from someone, ultimate mess in the room with a change of residents, accommodating all those drunk and tired ones who came back after outing, coping with cleaning lady who came at 8 am… No decent sleep – I cannot believe it is all happening… Complete surrealism – you can just laugh and I did so much. With Anya. How great it is to speak Russian and tease people without them knowing and make great-great fun of all this happening that is nothing else but a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home