India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Indian wedding: Time to get home

Leaving, getting undressed. This life here has become such a natural reality for me that I cannot imagine having any different one from now on. This life of a large family, warm relations, being guided and introduced to stuff, dressing up - lots of rituals at place, festivities, food… I got used to the people so much.. Morning when we leave – the carnival is over, the masks are put aside, the gorgeous dressed are sprinkled with naphthalene and put deep in the cupboard. People and memories would stay with me as vibrant images, personalities and events – and would never go.

Train back… same train, same conductor, same food – this train seems such a natural place to be. Getting back with camera full of pics, eyes full of tears (not watering this time), head overloaded with impressions and couple of kgs put on (due to the extensive indulging in eating).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home