India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Friday, August 11, 2006

Bergen tribute

Very briefly spoke to Ira last night. Discussed how far away, close-to-irrelevant and therefore - unreal the places you are not at may appear. A few months back, when shifted to a new room, I made sure I shifted my picture wall too – some 100 odd pictures from all periods of my life remind me of places, people and events that seemed to constitute the only possible reality for me at some point of time. Now when the notion of space has got far too expended, it is those pictures that make me believe I lived some other lives before this one.

Is that possible to combine lives? Is it worth bringing a bit of past in your present and maybe – in your future? I closed my eyes tight and the images came with ease. From long time back or long time ahead?

…..smoke a pipe in the roof with the view on the endless fjord…..

…..peel a huge tender-rose salmon, marinade it with herbs and let your guests anticipate by inhaling divine aroma from the stove…..

…..listen to the whispers of trolls hiding in the darkness of Fjellveien…..

…..join the crowd of summerly dressed people lazing around at Bryggen…..

…..indulge the hugest ever existing cup of capuchino in the smallest ever existing coffee shop Det Lille Kaffe Kompaniet…..

…..stop your car by a strawberry field and buy a small basket of sweet-from-inside berries…..

…..find a quite beach, sit on the wooden plank fixed on the stone, dangle your legs almost tiptoeing the water, close your eyes and let the caressing afternoon sun give you millions of tender kisses…..

…..look into the deep blue eyes of a blond man and freeze in the slight cool of his gaze…..

…..have a nap on the top of a mounted after an exhausting hike up…..

….. find out that the place you live at is nothing but a thin lace of fjords and mountains when your plane looses height…..

…..regret that you cannot revisit these impressions, yet dream that in some time you revisit the place - with two pairs of eyes and two hearts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home