India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

World Cup fever

Needless to say, trainee community goes crazy about WorldCup these days. Kate wrapped in a white flag with a red cross cheering the laid-back English team; Roel, all dressed in orange heading to the Dutch embassy to watch the match; Nicole saying “Worldcup is starting next week. I am so excited” when I meet her on the street and asked how she was doing; Karoline and Daniela carefully planning where to go every night to watch the match. And all of them…… asking if I want to join, if I saw the match last night, if I this and if I that….. And….. Whatever the questions are the answer is a ready-made one. No….I could not care less and however many times I tried (link to playing football and table), however many times people did their bit to accustom me to soccer, I still do not see anything but men kicking the ball on the field. How exciting can that be?.....

This was my small contribution to the overall excitement.



Yes, I am opportunistic: I would cheer any team that gives away such funky crowns ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home