India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Colombian-Russian surpise

Juan-Mi came to me with the Cheshire cat’s smile and said he had a surprise for me. The other day we burned some CDs with music from me, including a mixture of Russian songs. Right after he downloaded the Russian ones on his mp3 player to listen while cycling; and couple of times when I got home I realized it is so nice to hear Russian music when it is not even you who plays it. His definite favourite became Videli noch (originally by the cult rock singer V.Tzoi; remixed by Moldavian band Zdob si Zdub) – ultimately energizing gypsy-style song. He said he would love to get the lyrics from me….. So, getting back to his surprise… He played the song and sang along!!! I cried…. O my God, people, I did….. he got it so well!!!….. He’s got an amazing ear for sounds. I heard him repeating whatever phrases in Hindi very precisely without even understanding the meaning. He also imitates various sounds of musical instruments. Videli noch he got just perfectly right! Himself! Never in my life I saw so much determination coupled with a great talent!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Olia! my vchera byli na kontserte Argentino-urugvaiskoj gruppy. the yare called Bajofondo Tango Club and presented their album Supervielle. i am so impressed by Latin-American musicians..

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home