India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Do not mind the place

Yes, it might be my shity mood that really takes over right night... but also I’ve been going through my pictures and to my great astonishment realized that I haven’t posted really important ones.

It does not feel like bursting into extensive narrating either, so just pictures and some brief comments.

Here we go: to find out how the other part lives in India you do not even have to go in a slum area. Just stop by an AIESEC trainee house in Vinoba Puri, Lajpat Nagar.

There are two types of bathrooms in India: Western style and Indian style. The picture shows a prominent example of the latter even though it does not show the major attribute that helps to draw the distinction.



Souvenirs brought from the numerous weekend trips and books purchased by bulks as unspeakably cheap by Western terms make up for a large exciting chaos.



A couple of mattresses in the living room substitute sofas and give shelter for drunken guests or excited visiting friends staying overnight. Can be easily transformed into cinema seats.



Have never been to a Russian dormitory – look here. Even thought strictly speaking it is not - the look and the spirit are the perfectly identical.



There are three bedrooms in the apartment with one of them being not really a room. It has just walls – three of them… and no doors. It is a massive curtain that demarcates the room somehow. Absence of furniture there is compensated by the presence of a huge bed that serves as a sleeping, eating, chilling out and storage place. When me and Sinthya stayed in the curtain room it looked like this.





The girl has moved out and new people, not less cool ones, have come. But I felt like moving out shortly after…. The second day I could precisely list everything my new flatmates had in their suitcases as the room was richly garnished with their contents…



This is kitchen which looks the same should you enter at any point of time….







Unless you enter right after the cleaning lady has gone – so you can get shock of you life by noticing how spacious the kitchen could be when not littery…. In those precious moments you want to stay for good… if you could only…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home