India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Left for traveling

ok... i cannot promise anything, but at least the intention is there… I hope to post as I go, so hopefully you people will be regularly fed with new tales on my tour ;o) let us see….

The coming 1,5 weeks I am in Rajastan, the land of Maharajahs, proud kings and princesses, fortresses and palaces, camels and snake-charmers…. Uaa….. Enough of the tourist pamphletism...

The packing lasted for a week and resulted in a zipped and locked suitcase with 20 kgs and a stuffed upper compartment of my cupboard – to be posted, to be used, to be…. The farewell dinner resulted in the major hangover the day after and the praise of the dishes I spent on hours and hardly tried. The night before leaving was nicely spent in TC with the a few of the dearest of the remaining..

The bus journey to Jaipur started in a miserable way… I was trying to hide the sentiments between the lines of Norwegian Wood, the book by Murakami that I clearly picked up for its title. Yet…oh, my luck, the reading went so that every passage was strangely resounding in my heart, appealing to the odd memories and twists relevant for various periods of my life… I went on and on crying…. This was grieving for whatever has not happened however much I was devastated with whatever did happen. I could not explain any reason for my tears, yet I realized the reason was the abundance of reasons… I cried for everything and nothing in particular. True, I tend to arrange my trips in such a way that it is always a major bye to something or somebody, so the journey becomes a virtually cathartic experience when I first have to cry out all the tension… before I finally get occupied with the impressions, concerns and routines of the new destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home