India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Cult of tea

I pour purified water out in a big bowl that we have got in the kitchen. I let it boil and in the meanwhile I peel a big juicy apple and a small clove of fresh ginger and chop both. Once the water get boiled I throw the fine pieces of apple and ginger along with a stick of cinnamon in the water and quickly cover the bowl. The flat mates get together at the low seats and the beanbag spread around the low red table and I let the water boil on the low fire. The conversation slowly advances and Claudia helps me with cups, sugar and spoons. I cover the bowl with two towels, put one more underneath and bring it on the table. We start discussing the practicalities of the communal life in the flat and I let the drink steam for some time. Once the major tension is released in the talks, I slightly open the bowl and we all inhale the smell given away by the boiled apple, ginger and cinnamon. I pouring out the light colored drink to the bright cups and each of us seasons it with sugar and freshly squeezed lime juice. We indulge our tea to the melody of unhurried chat.

This treat followed the one the other day offered to all of us by Claudia, who is a keen devotee of ginger-lemon tea, wholesome bread, yoga and many other ways she uses to cherish her life energy. The treat was followed by the one prepared by Reima, who has been coming up with most adventurous ways ever to treat his cold. This time he prepared a mix of grated ginger, some mysterious grass – watch out - and Himalaya honey that he himself had with a drop of the Old Monk – for good health. We helped him with the drink so to ensure good karma, health and energy for the whole flat.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank You for sharing this Great Post
Return Gifts | Wedding Return Gifts Hyderabad

5:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home