India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Monday, October 09, 2006

Two mornings

I woke up in the large living room of Lajpat Nagar trainee house about quarter past eight and following the recently developed routine was wondering if I can stay in bed a bit longer. The doubts got quickly clarified by Roel who came in the living room with a package of bread and a toaster and Norman who came to plug in the iron. I got up to find only Kirsten sleeping and the rest were already out or on their way to. I could feel the silent and carefully suppressed, yet evident, spirit of the fight for the scarce water resources, queue for the shower and your space in the apartment of eight people. I got suddenly happy that neither had I to rush for work, nor to take shower, nor to wonder about disappeared bananas. I took a bus ride home feeling as serene as one can be in a morning rush hour when you can witness it but do not have to participate. I came to the flat about half past nine to find most of my flatmates still at home. Reima was indulging his morning coffee and readings. Claudia was doing some stretching to the sounds of Tibetan matras filling in the flat. I quickly chopped my fruit salad, exchanged weekend updates with Claudia and joined the guys for breakfast. The notion of calm and peace prevailing in the flat did not delay people who left for work soon. I was struck by the two different mornings I have just seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home