India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Friday, November 17, 2006

Leaving Delhi in the confused state of mind

I eventually got up at 5.17 am… 13 minutes before I was supposed to leave the house and head off to the train station so to catch the train to the city which name I still cannot pronounce well… Bhubaneswar, the capital of Orissa…. I still felt that meeting the deadline was realistic. I washed my face, rammed whatever I needed in my backpack, threw whatever I did not need for that time to the upper shelf of my former wardrobe, kissed sleepy Claudia, woke up Joana and Bozo as one of them really managed to lock the door so that my key would not work, exchanged hugs with Tensin, my Tibetan monk friend who came to stay with me the day before and got a yellow string with a nodded mantra tied on my wrist and rushed downstairs...uf... On the way I realized that my previously thought as indispensable sweatshirt was still lying on the beanbag where I left it. I shouted, “Tenzin, Tenzin!” and asked him to throw it from the balcony. What he did…. Yet, the sweatshirt never reached the ground.. having been stuck among the wires at the level of the second floor. After the two seconds of shock … realizing my miserable inability to seize the desired object that was within my sight but clearly out of any reach….I waived to Tenzin, asked to take care of it in the morning and started walking towards the market..

The detachment exercise was not over with it yet.. Already in the auto it occurred to me that I forgot my charger along with the second set of the batteries for the camera in the plug in the living room… Poorly imagining the practicalities related to the absence of such crucial items… I was thinking about the possible substitutes, opportunity costs and…. Realized thinking was in vain… I got an amazing chance to practice detachment… So that to make Tenzin a bit more proud of me ;o)…..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog ... will read and comment .. have to run now

7:22 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home