India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Different perspective on weather

A few weeks back some declared the end of monsoon and the news was hardly a cheerful one. I knew as a matter of fact that rains in Delhi are anything but impressive, yet a hope to witness some total-freshening showers was long cherished.

That night I woke up because of the continuous sound of the shower outside and wet coldness that was percolating on the room through the fine net on the window. My bed positioned vis-à-vis the window was wet on the bottom and I could feel small drops falling on my legs. It got up to close the window from inside – first time ever in Mavia Nagar. I cosily warped up myself in the thick bed sheet and felt asleep totally happy with the fact I can cover myself in the night from now on.

In the morning we found the floor in the room minorly flooded, so were the streets. The little palm tree on the balcony, so generously watered overnight, happily fluffed up its even greener now branches.

I left the house to merge with the post-rain day. The wet and gloomy morning looked incomplete. The clouds promised to pour as if they did not meet the targets with 3 showers yesterday and god-knows-what-was-going-on in the night. The gloomy day yet looked very festive – you could sense the joy of people, wet-from-inside buildings, grass and ground - everything was celebrating. “What a sexy weather”, they say here in Delhi and I think the wordings perfectly explains the attitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home