India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Monday, April 03, 2006

Dharamshala trip: Way back

We are getting into the bus just to figure out that our seats are the two last ones nearby the door at the back. The first hour people are just jumping in at every bus-stop and no one gets out… The bus is getting more and more social and we are somehow thinking about our smarter friends who opted for deluxe… But then… what the fuck…. Once you get into the government bus you are to live it… I hear a small boy behind us singing…

Jhalak dikhla jaa…
Jhalak dikhla jaa…
Jhalak dikhla jaa…
Ek baar aaja aaja aaja aaja aa ja


And I start singing along

Ek baar aaja aaja aaja aaja aa ja
Ek baar aaja aaja aaja aaja aa ja


And here it pick up so far… Realized quite quickly that Russian ones would be more like our domain… Do u remember that one? she asked and started singing.. for more than an hour we were introducing people in the bus to folk, soviet, modern rock and pop-songs of our motherland...

One short stop… Road-side dhaba: amazingly speedy service that McDonalds should be benchmarking….

This was the first time I was sleeping while seating… without any chance to stretch my legs… half of the way an old lady who obviously did not get a ticket with the seat was sitting in the passage between two rows… yep, on the one hand she was really preventing me from falling from my seat as if providing for the missing handle on the seat… but on the other had I was even more squeezed without any chance to take a reasonable comfortable position….

Getting into the congested smoggy and way-too-sunny Delhi did not seem real, but inevitably came

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home