India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Friday, April 14, 2006

Married couple

I think I’ve missed that part before in this journal, but now our flat is fully packed with residents. Yes, we are six. Instead of the Polish girl which we were about to cordially welcome in the flat we got a guy… And guess which one….. Yep, this Columbian wonder-child…Oh, how seriously I freaked out when I got know that our female oasis in the terrain of this male-related hassles got invaded. And what kind of invasion it was – a bed next to mine got taken!!...... I’ve been knowing Juan-Mi for 3 months (he arrived one week later then me), but from a superficial hanging-out-now-and-then side. As we all are quite busy and self-sufficient, during his first days in our flat I was left wondering about my new room-mate (or bed-mate, how he calls himself as our beds used to make up one big until very recently when we put them aside).

The thing about Juan-Mi is that everyone loves him. For his never-ending energy, for his seriousness immanent in each and every act he would put up and yet for his overall unseriousness. This one has his own agenda whatsoever and he would respect yours… But I still wondered what kind of room-mate we’ll turn with this guy spreading reggae-tone philosophy at the numerous parties of Delhi trainees.

Now… few weeks passed I am so ashamed of my reservations and those short-cut conclusions I jumped in so soon…

More and more we appear to co-exist similar to an old married-couple with very tender and sweet relations. Before going to bed and after waking up we hug and cheek-kiss… In those mornings when I’ve got some minutes I’d seat on his bed and him, still sleepy and lazy, would be hugging my heap and carelessly chatting. We see each other brushing teeth, removing contact lenses, roaming around wrapped in towel…. We enjoy our before-going-to-bed murmuring…When we meet at friends’ houses people would be taken aback by observing us hugging for 5 minutes so glad we’ll be to see each other. More easy-going and way more rewarding with any girl. It is with Juan-Mi I can realize my huge needs in physical intimacy (oh, get me right): just like with my smaller sister I can pour out on him my endless hugs and little kisses on the cheeks, neck and shoulders. And all that would be reciprocated. The other day he said we are like brother and sister …

Good Friday…. Lazy day-off for me.. I woke up at 6-30 and could not sleep any longer.. So, I went ahead with various domestic chores: grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry…. He was sleeping long… There was still no sun on our side and it felt just right - pleasantly warm. He woke up, I seat on his bad - hugging and talking. He got up and put on Bob Marley – the perfect match for the morning mood… I was hanging the clothes I just washed at the warm, not yet sunny balcony and he was narrating about some months he once got to spend in a tropical island…. And Bob Marley is on and the tropical forests, natural life, coconut milk in abundance and no people around…. Later he put on instrumental music from Colombian tribes, got his musical instrument (comprising of two rows of pipes of varying length) and started playing perfectly following the tune…. I was looking at him ultimately astonished.. How happy a person who is able to fully express his aspirations, experience, interests and character in simple acts must be…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home