India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Monday, April 10, 2006

Bday

I have never had such a happening Bday as this 24th one. Happening in may instances, I should say. After a splendid evening with a friend on the eve I started receiving one call and sms after another. The most dear people were calling right after the midnight to bring up their congratulations first. A bit later than midnight I came home– still on phone – and my flatmates already sleeping by that time – woke up to great me with the Bday song.

Next morning Juan-Mi woke up earlier than me (who wakes up first in the house) to get groceries for his special breakfast. Last night he announced that tomorrow is a special day for him as his room-mate is having Bday.



So he, with the help from the girls, made an amazing North-American style breakfast in honor of the occasion. Even more significant it was as first time all 6 of us got together for a meal. During the breakfast my aunt and grandma called.

Then I shopped for masses of fruits so that to arrange small celebration at work. When reached the office, on my desk I found a bouquet with a note from my intermediate boss. Fruit chat, ice-cream and sweets made up our gathering with the colleagues later on.



And… calls and sms throughout the day… Including a call from Karoline, my flatmate who mysteriously wondered when I’d reach home.. Needless to say, when I actually got home they did not let me in just like that… after a couple of minutes of exhausting waiting I got in… to see our warm and nicely lit living room with Bday decorations, music on and the cake served. Later on I got to know that Daniela and Karoline spent their day off (the one they had to work so hard for) cleaning the flat and buying stuff for it. Juam-Mi repaired the speakers for the tonight’s party. With some gin-coke and great chocolate cake we toasted for my Bday.

Right after ….me rushing for the grocery shopping… It’s not half an hour before the cooking I realized what exactly I’ll be cooking for 20+ people. Light vegetarian version of borsh (Russian beet-root soup), cold cucumber soup, potatoes and vegetable ragout did the job. Hours of cooking and pure improvisation – juggling the ingredients, scarce pots, coming guests and the mobile phone…. Once again with realization how happy I am to live with girls and enjoy all this help…



Masses of people started showing up (luckily… and hei this was the plan…. beginning from one hour later when appointed… and throughout the night) with the greetings, congratulations, best wishes, hugs, smiles and presents…







Running around, serving food, having a word with each and everyone… this is me… who considers the very thought of a chilled out Bday as a sacrilege ……

1 Comments:

Anonymous Poker Blinds said...

The useful message

11:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home