India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Welcome from my colleagues

In the afternoon I got to know there is some function going on in the lunch room at the office. To my great surprise, I found almost the whole office there – already talking, making jokes, laughing – very informal sort of settings. They told me that as once in a while most of the people are at the office (not away for travelling or something), it’s time to give a welcome for me. In Russia we also say, better late than never ;o) After all, I should say that welcome one month later is much more pleasant than one just upon arrival. As I’ve been with organization for a month I’ve got to hear so much nice (and true ;o) stuff about myself from the colleagues. About my amazing adaptability, about me picking up stuff so quickly, about my cooking experiments when with typical Indian ingredients I make something really non-conventional for Indian cuisine so my colleagues get surprised every day when we share lunch (see, this is mutual cultural learning!).

CSR has been receiving trainees for many years now and they’ve really observed how different people coped with the new environment. So we discussed why some people adjust (natural curiosity and open mind, I believe) and some reject new cultural experience at the very moment they come across with those.

And, needless to say, we had some nice food. Some samosas (pyramids made of dough and stuffed with potatoes, beans and green chillies) with hot sweet chatny (kind of paste). Samosa is one of the cutest and mouth-watering snacks in the whole world, I cannot tell you how much I love them. And rasmalai (while walnut-side balls of semolina and cream cheese; cooked in cream and served cool) is sweety sweet and you cannot help but having more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home