India: scientific approach to a mystery

I am already at home in Russia, yet there is so much more to write about India. I'll continue posting here, so keep an eye on this blog. I set up my old-and-new blog about Russia HERE - you may also check out that one now and then. Also, slowly but surely I am uploading the pics from the travels on which I haven't posted yet at the upgraded (hurra!) Yahoo.

Name:
Location: Russia

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Brought for a movie

Anoop, my Indian Buddy, his sister Nivanthee and a bunch of their good friends brought me for a movie this Sunday. When I say “brought” I’d like to make myself really clear. I really wonder if I can explain what it makes for to have Indian friends. But I’ll try…

You are always welcome at their house: you are given food and always offered to take more of it. My family remembers what I like fruits and sweets after my meal and I am unalterably getting those every time.

You are asked numerous questions to make sure I am fine and answered all the questions you wonder about. My family knows that now we ran out of gas in my flat, they worried if I am getting food then and suggested I’d come for lunch and dinner and anything… I am getting updated on chess that both Anoop and Nivanthee play at both national and international levels, their studies and more..

You are brought to the family’s relatives and friends’ houses where in turn you are treated nicely. You keep being introduced to anyone coming in the house as well.

This way, I got to the cinema this Sunday. A bunch of Anoop and Nivanthee’s friends brought me to watch “Rang De Basanty” that recently came out. Not only had I worry about the tickets but also about translation (yes, the movies are in Hindi here) of the most significant scenes or … when we got back after a short intermission – there was coke and a pack of popcorn for each of us… This is how friends take care of each other in this country. An extra bonus came later when I got an invitation to wedding from Neelima who I met right there. Acha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home